Jacksonville School for Autism (JSA) is seeking qualified candidates for our Classroom Programs.
JSA is seeking experienced classroom teachers with a minimum of 2 yrs. experience who are skilled in working with students with complex communication and behavioral disorders.
Classroom Teacher Educational Preferences:
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Psychology, or a related field preferred but not required.
Classroom Teacher Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience in special education
- Experience in self-contained classroom
- Experience conducting preference assessments, skills assessments and functional behavior assessments
- Experience in IEP goal implementation and data collection
- Ability to interact well with children, parents and other professionals
- Ability to work cooperatively as a therapy team member
- Ability to work well independently
- Ability to generate and submit necessary reports in a timely manner
- Ability to accept feedback, and implement recommendations for programming
Other Job Requirements:
- No prior criminal history and have a valid license to drive and proof of valid insurance.
- Proficient in using Word & Excel
- Physical ability to run, jump, get on/off the floor, bend and help carry and transport students in times of Aggression/SIB Behavior.
- Push/pull 75 pounds (e.g., move school tables/training materials) and lift/support 25 pound of weight (e.g., client).
- Full Health Benefits Package (Health/Dental/Vision/401K)
- Competitive employee compensation including 5 weeks paid holidays & personal paid time off
- Compensation for training time – 14 days paid Training/Planning Days
- Professional Training & Development
- Direct Supervision by BCBA & Certified Teachers
- Flexible work schedules for work/family balance
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Access to a multidisciplinary team with opportunity for supervision hours
Information on our organization can be obtained through our website at www.JSAKIDS.org
Job Type: Full-time
Interested in Working at JSA?
If you are interested in the para-professional position at JSA, please complete the form below: